I’m off to Basic/AIT for the military!
That’s the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for want of an understanding ear.” —Stephen King, ‘The Body’ (via dearsadie) (via forrestsinger) (via thechocolatebrigade)
So, my friend and I watched The Cove this weekend. It’s a documentary about the dolphin slaughtering in Japan, and I highly recommend it. Honestly I have never felt so strongly about a cause in my entire life than I did after watching that film.
With that said, I would really appreciate it if you guys would do a few things to help these dolphins out.
- Go to this website: http://www.takepart.com/writetoourleaders and sign the petition. Or text DOLPHIN to 44144 to sign it from your phone.
- Donate money if you are willing and able.
- Take some time to look through the site and see what else you can do to help out.
- Spread the word! Reblog, tell your friends and family about it. Rent the movie and have a bunch of people over to watch it. Anything that will help spread the word about this.
I know everyone is freaking out about the oil thing in the gulf and how its killing so many animals and stuff, but at least BP isn’t purposely trapping dolphins in a bay every day and then going and stabbing every last one of them in the morning until the water is blood red and there’s no more movement in the entire bay. Because that? That’s what is going on in Japan. It’s barbaric and its cruel and its crazy!
The excuses that the Japanese come up with to defend this practice are insane. But the problem is, the government covers it up. Most citizens of Japan actually know nothing about this practice, or at least they didn’t until this movie came out and the awareness of what goes on in this cove started spreading. I cannot believe that this was hidden from the world for so long, but now that it’s out and people like you and I can learn about it and do something to help stop it, I think we should. Trust me, if you watch The Cove you will feel the same way as I do. At least take a look at these pictures, although the movie is much worse.
I know tumblr prefers short, funny posts, but I sincerely hope that some of you guys actually read this and will reblog, as well as sign the petition and/or donate.
Thank you for your time.
* The overall site for this campaign is http://www.takepart.com/thecove.
— Philippians 4:13